Monday, September 21, 2009

Oakley Tour San Diego






The past three days have been so inspirational. I flew down early Friday morning to Oakley Headquarters in Foothill Ranch, California. Being one of my sponsors, I got the grand tour and inside scoop on all things amazing going on at Oakley. When I arrived, the building itself was enough to take my breath away. Resembling something of a spaceship/army base camp, I was blown away by the attention to detail, and sheer volume of the building. Sitting atop a deserty hill, the building is a sprawling 550,000 square feet... and I only had 4 hours to see it all! Steve Blick is the go-to guy for all things mountain bike at Oakley, and a great guy, so he took time out of his busy day to rush me around to all the different departments; introducing me to co-workers, managers, and production people left right and centre.

The whole tour was great, and I scored some sweet new sunnies, but I'd have to say my favourite part was visiting the "Graphics Kitchen". The brain behind all the graphics, environmental and apparel artwork at Oakley. All three of the guys were great; each with their own style and advice for me in my last year of University. I will definitaly be coming back, and bugging them via e-mail for more pro tips on how to get my career rolling.

Thanks to everyone at Oakley for showing me such a good time, and to Steve Blick for being my unofficial tour-guide/pump track buddy/ agent this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment